Mexican Quinoa Salad
This healthy, vegan salad is so SIMPLE and easy to make. How can something so simple taste so delicious?! Because this Mexican Quinoa Salad is full of fresh ingredients, strong flavours and beautiful colours. Besides the quinoa, it requires no cooking at all, therefore making it extremely quick and easy to make. This is a perfect dish to add to your Christmas spread, work lunch, or to bring to a picnic during summer. The ingredients are pantry staples and creates a yummy, flavoursome salad that everyone will enjoy!
MEXICAN QUINOA SALAD
- 1 Cup Quinoa
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Corn Cobs
- 1 Capsicum
- ¾ Cup Pitted Medjool Dates
- 1 Large Handful Fresh Coriander
- Juice from 1 Lime
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- ¼ Cup Toasted Pine Nuts (To toast: Place pine nuts in a non-stick pan over a medium heat on the stove top. Stir continuously until they turn golden. Takes around 5 minutes.)
Quinoa Cooking Instructions:
- Rinse the quinoa and place in a medium sized saucepan along with 2 cups of water and a pinch of salt.
- Place the saucepan on the stove over a high heat, lid on.
- When it comes to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove from heat and fluff up the quinoa with a fork to ensure it doesn’t clump together. Set aside.
- Chop the tomatoes, capsicum and dates into similar sized cubes.
- Cut the corn kernels off the cobs.
- Remove the stems from the coriander and roughly chop.
- Add all ingredients into a large salad bowl including the cooked quinoa and toss until everything is well combined.
- Now you are ready to serve! How easy was that? This salad will last in the fridge in an airtight container for up to one week.
For a full recipe tutorial on how to make this salad check out my “MEXICAN QUINOA SALAD | Healthy, Easy, Vegan, Delicious” recipe video on YouTube. Link Below.